Technical Manager Europe
Senior professional for a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that offers freedom, appreciates initiative and provides ample resources for building a sustainable European business with.
Indofil is a successful, innovative organization that specializes in Agricultural and Specialty Chemical products globally. A solid and sound company that is firmly established in Asia. In the last five years, it has rapidly expanded across Europe, and now exports to more than 100 countries worldwide. In setting up its European headquarters, Indofil is looking for enterprising and experienced colleagues with the business acumen and drive needed to create success.
One of the key elements of sustainable growth for the next few years, is the development and introduction of new products. And as you may well know, the field development programs are the backbone of a successful go-to-market strategy.
Job description general
In this new role you will manage the extensive field trial development programs for all new actives and new formulations in several European countries and across diverse crop-disease combinations (protocol, profile and technical support to field trials) with the network of contractors. You will deliver a consolidated summary of all trials and technical positioning of all products as input into the product launch process. Facilitate technical exchange and technical support in countries (for instance agent and dealer training).
You have core working relationships with Global R&D, the European portfolio teams Marketing and Registration and you contribute to global development strategy and its delivery.
Required experience and background
You are an agronomist with a strong technical background and:
- Experience in the implementation, management and analysis of field trials;
- Experience in managing development projects;
- At least 10 years of experience in field trials, demonstrating the ability to deliver of projects either at a crop protection company or contract research organization with European scope;
- Very good in relationships with contract trials organisations and key technical influencers;
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets and understanding financial tools and analyses;
- Experience with ARM software.
- Education: University degree or comparable, agronomist, agronomical engineer, preferably in plant protection.
Competencies & skills
- Expert in Product Development specially related to Fungicides and preferably beyond (herbicides, insecticides,..)
- Detailed knowledge of field trials techniques, requirements & procedures, including GEP rules and regulations
- Understanding of crop protection market needs and technical support requirements (preferably with a good understanding of customer needs).
- Understanding of regulatory aspects and processes.
- Excellent networking and communication capabilities, team player and building trust;
- Data savvy: interpretation and conversion of raw scientific data to practical product performance and use;
- Strong influencing, planning, prioritising and project management skills;
- Extremely flexible with a strong problem-solving mentality, a clear idea of business priorities and capable to encourage innovation.
For this new and challenging position you have also an excellent knowledge of English. You think in opportunities, you have eye for detail, strong project skills and a getting-things-done mentality.
Willingness to travel (average 2-3 days per week, with peaks in season (Feb – Jul)).
Summary of CSF’s & key challenges
- Successful move towards contract trials / BAD (Biological Assessment Dossiers) / projects.
- Deliver high quality filed trial results / BAD / technical documentation;
- Ability to effectively manage close interface with marketing, regulatory and country functions;
- Keep market intimacy and develop an effective network;
- Ensure biological elements of projects are kept on their critical paths and are delivered on time and efficiently.
In this position you are going to work in a small but fast growing team and you will find a great potential for personal growth. The conditions of employment are good and in accordance with the market. The organization has several internal programs for personal development, training and education.
You will make an essential contribution to the company’s reputation and overall success. Indofil is offering a fulltime job contract in a challenging and international context.
Are you interested?
If you have questions about the organization, the position or the procedure please contact Duke & Jacobs:
Paul van Campen (partner at Duke & Jacobs)
Tel +31 (0)6 5344 5639
Robert Jacobs (partner at Duke & Jacobs)
Tel +31 (0)6 4835 0789
If you wish to apply, please fill out the application form below. Or send us your resume & cover letter to one of the above mentioned e-mail addresses.