For enthusiastic and experienced IT sales person in the German transport, logistics and distribution sector.
Unlimited possibilities, good base salary, uncapped bonus. Euro 150K + (OTE).
Lanetix is the world’s number one most widely used collaboration, CRM and workflow software for the logistics industry, helping logistics service providers (LSPs) streamline their bid desks, increase margin, improve sales productivity and reduce risk in solution design and delivery.
Lanetix enables commercial operations of LSPs ranging from freight forwarders, carriers, value added warehousing companies, contract logistics service providers to freight brokerage firms. Lanetix focuses on providing customers with best-in-class data modelling, digital process management, and collaboration solutions.
Lanetix is a well-funded, four-year old company, so team members benefit from the upside and freedom to grow unique to a start-up, while in the caring hands of a very seasoned leadership team that has a long track record of building successful enterprise software companies. Lanetix is in high-growth mode, so joining at this time means multiple avenues for rapid learning and advancement!
Most prospects for Lanetix are situated in Germany. To address that market potential, Lanetix is preparing for opening an office in the Hamburg area. Although not necessary it is a plus if candidates are already based within commuting distance of Hamburg.
The mission is to establish market leadership of Lanetix collaborative workflow technology in the DACH region in the transport and logistics sector.
The assignment for the Business Development Manager is to acquire new customers in the DACH region. These new customers are leading organizations in the transport and logistics sector. You will directly engage with C- or C-1 level.
Undergraduate degree (BA/BS). Because we are looking for native German candidates we aim at an education level of “Fachhochschule” or “Universität”.
- You have at least 10 to 15 years of commercial experience in new business development, preferably in the German transport, logistics or distribution sector;
- You have a background in application sales: selling to lines of business vs IT;
- You have a proven track record in acquiring customers through high level DMU’s on C or C-1 level;
- You have built your career on opening new accounts, not on existing accounts;
- You have worked for start-ups or smaller companies where you had to “make it happen” without organizational support;
- You have a track record of navigating within large, global and complex organizations (B USD+ revenue companies).
For this position, we expect candidates to be or to have :
- Challenger mentality:
- Constantly be on the lookout for opportunities
- Focus on actionable insights
- Go where you’ve never gone before
- Organizational awareness
- Intellectual curiosity
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Target & result driven
- Strategic perspective
- Strong communication skills, in person, written and through PowerPoint
- Enterprising & self-propelling
- And last but not least: you got to have humor
Lanetix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.